Oxen Park Reading Room was built by the villagers in 1902. The current committee are still in possession of the minute books dating back to the meeting at Colton School in 1901, where the decision was made to build the reading room.

Fund raising, 1901 style…
The original invoice and follow up letter, 1902
Plans to extend the room, dated 1954